In 2006 Wisconsin Army National Guard (WIARNG) enacted environmental quality goals specifically designed to protect the
environment and conserve Wisconsinís natural resource heritage both for ourselves and future generations.
The Environmental Management System (eMS), promises to promote and honor these goals through policies and training
intended to improve and enhance WIARNG as stewards of the environment.
WIARNG has adopted the following Environmental Quality Goals:
- Demonstrate leadership in environmental protection and improvement.
- Minimize adverse environmental and health impacts while maximizing readiness and strategic preparedness.
- Assure that consideration of the environment is an integral part of WIARNG decision-making.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local and other environmental quality requirements by embracing change and advocating continuous improvement.
- Restore lands and waters damaged by our activities.
- Support Army programs for recycling and reuse of materials to conserve natural resources, prevent pollution and minimize of the generation of waste.
- Pursue an active role in addressing environmental quality issues in our relationships with neighboring communities.
- Maintain a management review process to set and review environmental objectives and targets.