The 157th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade provides a versatile, flexible combat force that can be tailored to a wide spectrum of military combat and support missions,and it can provide specialized forces to support brigade combat teams and other combat units.
The unit, formerly the 57th Field Artillery Brigade and the 264th Engineer Group, began transformation into a maneuver enhancement brigade. This type of brigade is relatively new to the Army; its concepts and doctrines are being refined as part of U.S. Army strategic transformation initiatives.
The 157th includes units specialized in communications networking, chemical detection and decontamination, and forward support, as well as High Mobility Artillery Rocket System firing batteries and combat engineers.
The 157th is headquartered in Milwaukee, and has an assigned strength of more than 2,100 Soldiers.The 157th MEB largely is made up of units that were formerly part of the 57th Field Artillery Brigade and the 264th Engineer Group.
157th MEB News
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company - Milwaukee
- 924th Engineer Detachment (Facilities) - Milwaukee
1st Battalion, 121st Field Artillery (HIMARS)
- Headquarters and Headquarters Battery - Milwaukee
- Battery A - Racine
- Battery B - Plymouth
- Battery C - Sussex
- 108th Forward Support Company (HIMARS) - Sussex
- Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment - Oak Creek
- Company A (Distribution) - Whitewater
- Company B (Support Maintenance) - Kenosha
- 32nd Military Police Company - Milwaukee
- 357th Signal Network Support Company - Two Rivers
Headquarters and Headquarters Company - Chippewa Falls
Company A - Hayward
106th Engineer Detachment (Quarry Team) - Tomah
229th Engineer Company (-) (Horizontal) - Prairie du Chien
- Detachment 1, 229th Engineer Company - Richland Center
824th Engineer Detachment (Concrete) - Spooner
829th Engineer Company (-) (Vertical) - Spooner
- Detachment 1, 829th Engineer Company - Ashland
950th Engineer Company (Clearance) - Superior
(-) - Headquarters of a split unit
HIMARS - High–Mobility Artillery Rocket System
157th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
121st Field Artillery Regiment
724th Engineer Battalion
257th Brigade Support Battalion