- Demonstrate leadership in environmental protection and improvement.
- Minimize adverse environmental and health impacts while maximizing readiness and strategic preparedness.
- Assure that consideration of the environment is an integral part of WIARNG decision-making.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local and other environmental quality requirements by embracing change and advocating continuous improvement.
- Restore lands and waters damaged by our activities.
- Support Army programs for recycling and reuse of materials to conserve natural resources, prevent pollution and minimize of the generation of waste.
- Pursue an active role in addressing environmental quality issues in our relationships with neighboring communities.
- Maintain a management review process to set and review environmental objectives and targets.
Plan of action that sets objectives and targets through regulations and policy letters - each eMS policy should:
- Be appropriate to the nature, scale & environmental impacts of the installation and its entities
- Be committed to continuous improvement and prevention of pollution
- Be committed to compliance of environmental laws and regulations
- Provide framework that will set and review environmental objectives and targets
- Document, implement, maintain and communicate policies to all employees
- Be available to the public
Critical examination and development of programs designed to reduce and/or eliminate the environmental impact of specific actions. The following is considered in the planning stage:
- Environmental aspects
- Federal, state, local environmental laws & regulations
- Objectives and targets
Outlines program training and awareness of:
- eMs Documentation
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
Intensive monitoring system that:
- Monitors/measures current policies
- Performs non-conformance and corrective/preventive actions
- Record keeping
- Environmental management system audit
Program review by senior management to ensure the program is suitable, adequate and effectivee
- Check on progress
- Decides on future course of action
- Aviation flight and maintenance activities
- Maintenance of ground based military vehicles
- Armory Activities and Equipment
- Environmental aspects and impacts are ranked according to significance.
- Annual review and maintenance - this will ensure the information is evaluated and updated regularly.
- The process includes consideration of significant changes to project facilities, activities, products and services relevant to the mission and operations defined by WIARNG.
- Fueling Operations
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Management of Recyclable Hazardous Materials
- Spill Control/Prevention
- Energy Consumption
- Mobile Fuelers Spill Training
Targets & Objectives
- Noise reduction
- Protect water quality
- Increase environmental training levels
- Extend environmental training courses to new audiences within the organization
- Minimize of hazardous waste generation
- Prevent of Petroleum Oil and Lubricants (POL) spills
- Avoid Notices of Violation (NOVs) and Notice Of Non-Compliance (NONs)