Office of Workers Compensation Program Procedures (Injured on the Job)
- When an employee is injured at work, they must report the injury to his or her supervisor
- The injured employee will register for an account in the Employee Compensation Operations and Management Portal or ECOMP.
- The supervisor & employee complete the electronic form in ECOMP. File the OSHA-301, CA-1, or CA-2, which is transmitted to the J1-HRO.
- After the J1-HRO representative verifies the information, they will transmit it to the Dept of Labor
- The Dept of Labor will review the claim and issue a claim number. The J1-HRO representative receives an email with the claim number and the employee receives a card or letter in the mail.
There is a six minute video/slide presentation on the details of ECOMP on MilSuite Tech Talk's called ECOMP 101 (July 2015).
General OWCP Information: https://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/
SUPERVISORS: Please contact one of the ICPA's listed above, if a CA-16 Medical Authorization and Billing Form is needed.
Link to OWCP Forms
ECOMP 101 - Overview (PDF)
ECOMP FAQ (PDF)