- First Responder Network Authority staff provided a programmatic update last week at the Southeast Association of Fire Chiefs Winter Board Meeting in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- The First Responder Network Authority also staffed a booth last week at the Wisconsin Working Together EMS Conference in Milwaukee.
- The tribal team participated in the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians (ATNI) 2018 Winter Convention last week in Portland, Oregon.
- The tribal team was also in Texas last week for meetings with the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas and the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas in Livingston and Eagle Pass, respectively.
- Staff also participated in a meeting last week on EMS Data Exchange topics with the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, Virginia.
- Additionally last week, the First Responder Network Authority participated in a Firehouse Magazine webinar entitled, “Using Technology to Get the Best Responses to Fires and Emergencies.”
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the Border Security Expo in San Antonio, Texas; a FEMA Region VII Regional Emergency Communications Coordination Working Group webinar; a Kansas Division of Emergency Management FirstNet Workshop in Topeka; a Maine Interoperable Communications Committee meeting in Augusta; an Eagle County Public Safety Council meeting in Eagle, Colorado; a Washington State Emergency Communications Coordination Working Group meeting in Ocean Shores; a New Hampshire State Executive Interoperability Committee meeting in Concord; an Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System outreach event in Sioux City; a Wisconsin Southwest Regional Outreach Session in Fennimore; a meeting of the Pennsylvania Senate Committee on Fire Service in Natrona Heights; and the State EMS Association Network Annual Meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Last week, the First Responder Network Authority posted two new blogs: The Next Phase of FirstNet: Delivering Lifesaving Technologies to Public Safety and The Public Safety Advisory Committee of the Future, by PSAC Chairman Tom Sorley, which also includes a new video featuring PSAC members and Board Chair Sue Swenson
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by the First Responder Network Authority. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
The Eagle 1/26: Brazos County Sheriff's Office first in Texas to gather intel real-time under public safety network
MissionCritical Communications 1/25: Kansas Highway Patrol, Texas Sheriff’s Office Subscribe to FirstNet
Metro East Sun 1/23: Madison County first responders 'excited' for Illinois' decision to join FirstNet, official says
Web and Social Media
FirstNet’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 26 new followers, now at 9,110.
- Facebook has 2,554 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,762 followers.
- YouTube has 701 subscribers.