- Last week, First Responder Network Authority staff presented to the 2018 Border Security Expo in Houston, Texas.
- First Responder Network Authority representatives also presented last week at the State EMS Association Network Annual Meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- The Oklahoma Fire Chiefs Association held their Annual Meeting last week in Stillwater, where First Responder Network Authority staff presented jointly with members of the state SPOC team.
- The First Responder Network Authority and AT&T also spoke last week before the Pennsylvania Senate Committee on Fire Service in Natrona Heights.
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the Alaska Fire Chiefs Association Leadership Summit in Juneau; Vermont regional outreach meetings in Berlin and Milton; the Colorado Wireless Association Annual Education Conference in Centennial; a FEMA Region X Regional Emergency Communications Coordination Working Group meeting in Salem, Oregon; the Integrated Justice Information System (IJIS) National Symposium in Arlington, Virginia; a meeting of the Rhode Island Interoperable Communications Commission in Lincoln; the North Country Interoperability Consortium in Lincoln, New Hampshire; a Public Safety Advisory Committee Tribal Working Group meeting in Phoenix, Arizona; meetings of the Delaware Statewide Interoperable Executive Committee and Broadband Working Group in Dover; an Arizona Public Safety Broadband Program/Regional Forum in Phoenix, Arizona; and the Federal Agency point-of-contact monthly teleconference.
- Last week, the First Responder Network Authority posted one new blog: Prioritizing Public Safety at the International Balloon Festival.
News from the PSAC
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code "NST." There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible. Please pass this information on to any of your associates attending this year's conference.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
Urgent Communications 2/1: AT&T CEO highlights FirstNet role as ‘foundation’ to carrier’s 5G plans
WISH TV 2/1: AT&T tech will make Noblesville safer, fire chief says
American City & County 1/29: FirstNet is offering rural communities opportunities to connect digitally
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 76 new followers, now at 9,186.
- Facebook has 2,619 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,779 followers.
- YouTube has 718 subscribers.