February 26, 2018— First Responder Network Authority News
- Check out the new FirstNet in Actionpage to see the latest jurisdictions and agencies to subscribe to FirstNet, and learn how FirstNet is making an impact on their operations, communications, and response capabilities.
- Last Week, First Responder Network Authority staff presented at the Journal of Emergency Medical Services’ (JEMS) EMS Today Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Staff also presented last week at a monthly meeting of the Hamilton County Fire Chiefs Association in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Also last week, First Responder Network Authority staff attended the Southwest Border Communications Working Group in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The First Responder Network Authority also hosted an applications innovation workshop last week with Louisiana first responders in Baton Rouge.
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in a PSAC Executive Committee meeting, a California National Emergency Number Association (NENA) Mission Critical Training Event in San Diego; a FirstNet Stakeholder Apps Forum in Houston, Texas; Wisconsin Regional Outreach Meetings in Eau Claire and Washburn; a Central Minnesota Regional Outreach Meeting in Alexandria; and the Interagency Communications Interoperability (I-C-I) System Annual Strategy Meeting in Pomona, California.
- Last week, the First Responder Network Authority posted two new blogs: Commemorating the 50thAnniversary of First 9-1-1 Call at NENA’s “9-1-1 Goes to Washington” Conference and FirstNet Network is Putting Richmond’s First Responders First.
News from the PSAC
- The next full PSAC in-person meeting will be held on Monday, June 4 in San Diego, California. Additional details are forthcoming.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code "NST." There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
WFYI Indianapolis 2/23: Public Safety Cell Network Aims To Improve Emergency Communication
Government Technology 2/21: Initial Reports Are Positive as FirstNet Buildout Continues
Inside Towers 2/20: FirstNet CEO: AT&T Set to Meet Public Safety Network Buildout Dates
Web and Social Media
- The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 68 new followers, now at 9,394.
- Facebook has 2,741 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,865 followers.
YouTube has 765 subscribers.