- Last Week, First Responder Network Authority CEO Mike Poth gave a FirstNet update and participated in a panel presentation at the British Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Annual Event in Coventry, United Kingdom.
- First Responder Network Authority Board member Kevin McGinnis was the keynote speaker last week at the 9thAnnual Georgia Telehealth Conference on Jekyll Island.
- Kevin and First Responder Network Authority staff also participated in the National Governors Association (NGA) Southwest Workshop to Enhance Emergency Communications Governance last week in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Also last week, First Responder Network Authority staff and 200 attendees participated in the AT&T FirstNet Hackathon in San Francisco, California, where developers worked to create a variety of new public safety apps.
- The First Responder Network Authority hosted a delegation from Japan last week to share lessons learned to date and discuss the future of public safety communications in each nation.
- First Responder Network Authority staff also provided a FirstNet update and discussed network features and differentiators with the Greater Boston Police Council last week in Burlington, Massachusetts.
- The First Responder Network Authority released a new video last week on Connecting Rural Responders in the City of Bay, Arkansas.
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Western Regional Conference in Tacoma, Washington; the South Carolina Telecommunications and Broadband Association Conference in Charleston; a meeting of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Region 19 700MHz Committee in Kennebunkport, Maine; a meeting with Travis County officials in Austin, Texas; an Electric Power Resource Initiative (EPRI) Telecom Initiative Advisory Meeting in Tempe, Arizona; the Maine Fire Chiefs Association Professional Development Conference in Newry; a meeting of the Maine Interoperable Communications Committee in Augusta; a meeting of the Virginia Statewide Interoperability Executive Committee (SIEC) in Glen Allen; and meetings of the New Hampshire SIEC Data and Communications committees in Concord.
News from the Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC)
- The PSAC in-person meeting will be held on Monday, June 4 in San Diego, California.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code "NST." There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
StateScoop 3/23: FirstNet hackathon focuses on crisis communication apps for first responders
GCN 3/20: FirstNet takes off
WSOC-TV 3/20: New communications system helps emergency response
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 65 new followers, now at 9,686.
- Facebook has 2,871 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,964 followers.
- YouTube has 809 subscribers.