STARBASE 2.0 Aviator's Club
- STARBASE 2.0 Aviator’s Club is a new afterschool program which began in February 2017 at an urban middle school on Milwaukee's Northside. Students are immersed in the world of aviation through 30 hours of instruction by volunteer pilots serving as mentors and STARBASE educators. The program includes Private Pilot Ground School to prepare students for the Federal Aviation Administration’s written exam and Flight Performance Training with Flight Simulators.
- Goals Objectives:
- For 10 Middle School 7-8 grade students to understand and appreciate the use of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) so that Students will:
- Complete an abbreviated ground syllabus of the FAA Private Flight Program
- Complete Flight Performance tasks using FSX Simulation
- Prepare for the FAA written exam for Private Pilot Rating
- Aviation mentoring program will take advantage of Community Service from local Aviation Programs, Experimental Aircraft
- Association, Civil Air Patrol and Wisconsin Air National Guard.