If the event overwhelms your jurisdiction's ability to respond and recover at the local level, your local unit of government (city, village, county, etc.) should declare a "State of Emergency."
Several recovery plans include:
- Village of Gays Mills (Crawford County) Recovery Plan
- Village Rock Springs (Sauk County) Recovery Plan
Wisconsin Recovery Task ForceThe State of Wisconsin created the Wisconsin Recovery Task Force (WRGF) to coordinate state efforts in recovery regarding mitigation, agriculture, economic, housing, infrastructure and health and social services.
The mission of the WRTF is to assist individuals, businesses and communities recover quickly, safely and with increased resilience to disasters.
The critical focus areas include:
- Securing funding and other resources necessary for recovery
- Establishing principles and policies for redevelopment
- Leading long-term community and regional planning efforts
- Ensuring transparency and accountability in the investment of recovery funds
- Communicating progress
Contact Information:Robby Stoikes, Recovery Section Supervisor